07 3726 5399     info@educare.edu.au


What support services are available to international students?

Educare College has dedicated support services available to international students including a team of International Student Support Officers and a dedicated international orientation program. We also assist in getting started to find paid employment while you are here in the field you are studying.

How do I apply for a student visa?

There are a range of different types of student visas you can apply for. The one you need will depend on the type of program you’re planning on studying (e.g. English language course, vocational training, higher education etc.). For shorter periods of study, you may also be able to apply for a visitor or working holiday maker visa. For more information on the Australian student visa options available and how to apply, visit the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA) website.

What study options do you have available?

Educare College offers face to face delivery once you are an onshore. If you are offshore and waiting for your Visa to approved by immigration, we do offer an E-Learning program in all of our qualifications. Once you arrive onshore we will arrange your vocational placement in an approved aged care/childcare/disability or community services facility.

Can I receive credit for my previous studies?

If you already have qualifications or experience in your chosen study area, you may be able to receive credit towards a Educare course in a related study area. Our Recognition for Previous study or Work Experience process can save you valuable time and money and help you start your career sooner. 

Do you offer university pathways?

We have education pathways available through our partnerships with some of Australia’s universities. After completing your diploma or advanced diploma course at Educare College you may be eligible for a credit transfer towards a related university degree offered by Educare College. This pathways option can save you valuable time and money off your university qualification.

How much credit will my Educare course give me towards a university degree?

The amount of credit you can receive for your Educare College course varies depending on your Educare course, your university, and your university degree. However on average, most diplomas will give you one year of credit towards a three year university degree. 

What is a certified copy?

A certified copy of a document is a photocopy of the original that has been certified as a true copy by an authorised person. When you provide us with a scanned copy or photocopy of a document, it must be certified. All pages of submitted supporting documents must be certified. Make sure your current name is added to any documents you supply with your former names (if applicable). 

Where can I get my documents certified?

In Australia a Justice of the Peace, police officer, Commissioner of Declarations, bank manager, pharmacist, solicitor, barrister or patent attorney can certify your documents. 

If you are certifying your documents in your home country, the official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents can certify them for you.

What are your academic entry requirements?

The entry requirements for a certificate III level course with Educare College are an Australian Year 10 qualification or equivalent. Entry to our certificate IV, diploma and advanced diploma courses require a Year 12 qualification level or equivalent.

What are your English language entry requirements?

Applicants to Educare College are required to meet a minimum standard of English language proficiency as assessed by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Entry requirements vary between courses. 

Do I need to sit an IELTS test if I'm a native English speaker?

If you’re a native English speaker, of if you’ve studied in English previously, you may be eligible to have the English entry requirements waived for your application. This is subject to the country you are from, the level of your previous studies, and the passport you currently hold.

What is VET?

VET stands for Vocational Education and Training. This is the type of accredited training that Educare College delivers. It is a tertiary level of education that delivers job-related training, industry-based outcomes, and technical skill sets.