COVID-19 FIRST AID & CPR RESPONSE
Safety at Educare College during COVID-19
Educare College has taken all strict measures to make information available about COVID 19 on our Educare College site https://www.educare.edu.au/covid-19-safety/ , is current and accurate. We do not however make any declarations about its 100% precision, relevance, and aptness for any other purpose.
We have applied several cautionary methods to our guidelines and safety processes across our First Aid and CPR training in response to the current situation.
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government requirement of 1 person per 4sqm.
- CPR mannequins will be wiped down with alcohol wipes at the beginning and end of each class
- Students will not be breathing directly into the mannequin, this will be performed to the side of the mannequin
- Protective Wrap will be placed over the mannequin during CPR compressions and discarded with immediately after
- Gloves will be worn by the participants at all times (unless an allergy to latex is identified)
- Hand sanitiser is available in all of our classrooms
- Any student that is unwell will be sent home immediately
Additionally, as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic and to protect participants and staff, Educare College has modified training and assessment methods to decrease the risk of catching or spreading the virus. This includes the completion of a pre-course component for CPR, First Aid and Childcare First Aid courses. This reduces the in-class time.
We recognise that there may be apprehensions about attending a training course during the COVID-19 pandemic however, as a Registered Training Organisation we are devoted to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all participants.
Authorities at Educare College reserve the rights to make the changes as and when needed to enhance, add or remove information that fits the goals of the College.
Consequently, our website users are asked to keep on checking Educare College’s terms and conditions , policy, disclaimer statement from time to time to prevent any type of direct or unintended inconvenience which may appear or happen at any point in time.
Please feel free to talk with one of our amazing Trainers or admin team prior to training, if you have any concerns.