STUDENT ACCESS TO RECORDS POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that effective administrative records management procedures are in place for students who wish to gain access to their personal information.
ACCESS TO RECORDS POLICY
Legislation / Contracts
Freedom of Information Act 1982
Related Policies and Procedures
- AQF Certification Issuance Policy
- Records Retention and Management Policy
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure that effective administrative records management procedures are in place for students who wish to gain access to their personal information.
- Educare College ensures that the access constitutes integrity, accuracy and the currency of the information being accessed.
- At Educare College we acknowledge that students need access to their records in order to monitor their progress and participation.
- Educare College will facilitate access to records to a student on request.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to respond positively to these requests and assist the student to complete the request form and facilitate access.
- An individual may request copies of their personal records/information or for their personal information to be amended so that it is accurate.
- Students who require access to their records are required to make the request in writing and provide Photo ID.
- Students must specify what records they need access to. Access will only be provided to the student and only after identification has been confirmed.
- Where a third party requires access to a student’s records, they must arrange for the student to complete a signed release of personal information form.
- An Educare College Administration Officer will respond to the request within two business days.
- Student to request access to personal records using the access to personal information form.
- Alternatively, a third party to request access to personal information providing a completed Release of personal Information form signed by the student.
- Identity is confirmed and Photo ID provided.
- Completed form(s) and details of sited identification to be saved in the student’s documents in Educare’s Student Management System
- Within 2 days of a request the student receives a response.
- Students to be sent copies of requested documents to be sent within 2 days. If not feasible the student should be contacted to discuss access.