Since the beginning of covid-19, The Department of Home Affairs have adopted flexible approaches to ensure the continuity of critical services in Australia. One of the measures is to ease the working hours restriction on Student Visas with the purpose to alleviate excess work pressure and understaffing in specified industries.
The great news for Educare Students studying Aged Care and Disability is that since May last year, you are included in this exemption. Check it out:
You can work for more than 40 hours a fortnight if you are:
- Employed by an AGED CARE Approved Provider or Commonwealth-funded aged care service provider with a RACS ID or a NAPS ID, before 8 September 2020.
- Employed by a registered National DISABILITY Insurance Scheme provider.
- Enrolled in a health care related course and you are supporting the health effort against COVID-19, as directed by health officials.
- Employed in the agriculture sector
- Employed in the tourism and hospitality sector
Student visa holders
Student visa holders do not need to apply for this temporary measure. You should contact your employer
What is NDIS providers?
There is no requirement for NDIS providers to register with the Department of Home Affairs. These providers should see the letter provided to them by the NDIS Commission for further details. See a list of NDIS providers.
Are you seeking suitable courses in the Aged Care or Disability care sector?
Enquire now! – firstname.lastname@example.org